Coffee and baking go together like well brownies and a cup of coffee. So why not go one step further and have coffee brownies? If you like the idea of that, check out our Kona Coffee Kahlua brownie recipe below.
I do not know if it gets any better than coffee and chocolate together. The flavor combination is like no other — it’s rich, bold, and sweet with an edge — it’s simply intoxicating. Take one bite of these brownies, and you’ll understand.
You could share them with friends or family but then I guarantee there will be none left for you, maybe make an extra batch, just to be on the safe side. Enjoy!
Kona Coffee Kahlua Brownie Recipe
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter (plus 1 tablespoon for the pan)
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely ground Kona coffee
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1⅔ cup sifted all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup strong brewed, hot Kona coffee
- ¼ cup Kahlúa
- Adjust a rack one-third up from the bottom of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F.
- Use 1 tablespoon of the butter to grease an approximately 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, over low heat. Stir occasionally and heat until the chocolate and butter are completely melted together.
- Remove from the heat, and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar, coffee grounds, vanilla, and salt at high speed for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooled chocolate mixture and beat only until mixed
- Add the flour and again beat only until mixed.
- In a small bowl, combine the hot coffee with the Kahlúa, and then pour the mixture into the batter. Mix to blend.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place it in the preheated 375 degree F oven.
- Bake just until the edges look solid and there is little to no movement in the center, when you gently jiggle the pan, about 35 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool at least to room temperature before cutting and/or serving.
If you want more coffee drinks recipes please take a look at our coffee drinks recipes page or if you fancy a coffee desert then take a look at our coffee desert recipe page. I am sure you will find some great things to try. Enjoy!