Costa Coffee have over 2,100 shops across the UK, three times as many as their closest rival Starbucks. Now that is impressive!
Costa Coffee not only have shops on the high street, in offices, petrol stations and other various concessions, but they also have drive thru services as well. In fact, they have more than 40 drive thru locations across the UK, with plans for many more to come. Andy Harrison, CEO of Whitbread PLC was quoted as saying that they intended to have 80 drive thru locations across the UK in the next few years.
I said in my Costa Coffee Near Me article, that my family loves Costa Coffee above any other brand, so having so many drive thru locations wherever we go, local or afar, we can quickly grab a drink that the family loves quickly, and without hassle.
So, to make your life easier and because an up to date list of Costa Coffee drive thru locations is not published, I thought I would put one together to make your life a little happier.
Costa Coffee Drive Thru Near Me
I check for new locations often and update this list when a new drive thru is built, so check back regularly to see if you have a new one near you. Or check out the map below which shows all Costa Drive Thru near me, but be sure to turn on location services on your mobile device for it to work properly.
If you prefer physical addresses, I have broken up the drive thru locations by region, so you can easily find the address of a Costa Coffee drive thru near you.
- Dumfries: Cuckoo Bridge Drive Thru, Cuckoo Bridge RP Drive Thru, Glasgow Road, Dumfries, DG2 8BF
- Glasgow Darnley: Darnley Drive Thru, Leggatston Drive, Glasgow, G53 7RH
- Glasgow Braehead: Junction 26, Braillie Cresent, Renfrew, PA4 0DJ
- Dumbarton Lomondgate: Lomondgate Drive Thru, A82 Great West Road, Lomondgate, G82 2QU
- Inverclyde: Port Glasgow Shopping Park Drive Thru, Port Glasgow Shopping Park, Greenock Road, Inverclyde, PA14 5BP
- Aberdeen: Denmore Road, Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, UK, AB23 8JW
- Aberdeen: 1 Abbotswell Road, Aberdeen, AB12 3AD
- Ayrshire: Ashenyard Park, Kilwinning, North Ayrshire, Kilwinning, Scotland, KA20 3EG
- Newcastle St James Retail Park: St James Retail Park, Stamfordham Road, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE5 2SF
- Newcastle Gosforth: Rotary Way, Gosforth, NE3 5EH
- Darlington: Yarm Road, Darlington, DL1 4PU
- Middlesborough: Heath Road, Middlesborough, TS3 6AT
- Sunderland: Unit 1C, Hylton Retail Park Enterprise Park, Timber Beach Rd, Sunderland SR5 3XG
- Hartlepool: Vision Retail Park, Hartlepool TS24 0YA
- Manchester: Unit 1, White City Retail Park, Chester Rd, Manchester M16 0RP
- Liverpool: Aintree Racecourse Drive Thru, Aintree Racecourse Retail Park DT, Topham Drive, Liverpool, L9 5AL
- Preston: Unit 1, Queens Retail Park, Queen Street, Preston, PR1 4HZ
- Chester: Deva Drive Thru, Chester Deva Retail Park, Greyhound Park Road, Chester, CH1 4LU
- Warrington: Winwick Road DT, Winwick Road Drive Thru, Warrington,WA2 9SX
- Warrington: 1 Sandy Ln W, Warrington WA2 9SA
- St Helens: Liverpool Road, West Point Retail Park, St Helens WA10 1PP
- Carlisle: Unit 6, London Road Retail Park, London Road, Carlisle, CA1 2PD
- Cannock: Traingle Drive Thru, Eastern Road, Cannock, WS11 8XR
- Wednesbury: Axletree Way, Wednesbury, WS10 9QY
- Coventry, Binley: Rugby Road, Binley Woods, Coventry, CV3 2AY
- Accrington: Hyndburm Road, Accrington, BB5 4AA
Yorkshire & East Midlands
- Nottingham: Castle Marina RP Drive Thru, Castle Marina Retail Park, Castle Tinkers Way, Nottingham, NG7 1GX
- Huddersfield: Leeds Road Drive Thru, Leeds Road & Hill House Lane, , Huddersfield, HD1 6ND
- Sheffield: Meadowhall Drive Thru, Meadowhall Drive Thru, Phase One, Sheffield, S9 1EW
- Derby: Wyvern Drive Thru, Wyvern Drive Thru, Wywern Retail Park, Derby, DE21 6NZ
- York: Eboracum Way, York, YO31 7RE
- Hull: Unit 6 Clough Road Retail Park Clough Road, Kingston-upon-Hull HU6 7PT
- Mansfield: Sutton Road, Mansfield, NG18 5HR
- Burton On Trent: Eastern Avenue, Burton On Trent, DE13 0BB
- Scunthorpe: North Lincolnshire Shopping Park, Scunthorpe DN158
- Stoke-on-Trent: Etruria Mills, Hanley, Stoke-On-Trent, ST1 5NS
- Roadchef Tibshelf South Drive: M1 Junc’ 28/2, Derbyshire, DE55 5TZ
- Sutton-in-Ashfield: Farmwell Lane, Sutton-in-Ashfield, NG17 1BX
- Cambridge: Caxton Drive Thru, Unit 2, Ermine Street, Caxton, Cambridge, CB23 3AS
- Bedford: St Johns Drive Thru, Drive Thru,St.John’s Centre, Rope Walk, Bedford, MK42 0XE
- Bedford: Interchange retail park, Eastside, Ampthill Rd, Bedford, MK42 7AZ
- Colchester: Tollgate West, Colchester, Essex, C03 8RH
- Banbury: Stroud Park, Ermont Way, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 4AE
- Letchworth: Avenue One, Letchworth Garden City, SG6 2HB
London & South East
- Thanet: Thanet Drive Thru, East Kent Retail Park, Westwood Road, Thanet, CT10 2PR
- Croydon: Collondes Lesiure Park, Purley Way, Croydon, CR0 4HY
- Didcot: Wallingford Road, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 9BZ
- Farnborough: Cnr Templer Avenue Business Park, Meadow Gate Avenue, Farnborough, GU14 6FG
- Broadstairs: East Kent Retail Park, Westwood Road, Westwood, Broadstairs, CT10 2RQ
- Penzance: Unit 2, Wharfside Shopping Centre, Penzance, Cornwall, TR18 2GB
- Swindon: Swindon Drive Thru, Front Site at Lydiard Fields, Great Western Way, Swindon, SN5 8UY
- Taunton: Taunton Drive Thru, Drive Thru, Riverside Retail Park, Hankridge Way, Taunton, TA1 2LR
- Southampton: Roadchef Service Station, Rownhams North Drive Thru, M27 Junc 3 / 4, Southampton, SO16 8AP
- Plymouth: Longbridge road, Lonbridge, Plymouth, PL6 8LX
- Plymouth: Saltash. Carkeel Roundabout retail park, off the A38, PL12 6LF
- Bristol: Hayes Way, Patchway, Bristol, BS34 5GN
- Swansea: Swansea Enterprise Park, Heron Way, Swansea, SA6 8PS
- Weston Super Mare: Gallagher Retail Park, Marchfields Way, Weston Super Mare, BS23 3YY
- Gloucester Quays: Bakers Quay, St Ann Way, GL1 5BQ
- Gloucester Metz Way: Triangle Park, Triangle Way, Gloucester, GL1 1AH
- Camborne Tolvaddon: Gas Lane, Tolvaddon, Camborne, TR14 0BJ
Using a Costa Coffee drive thru is usually a very easy process, unless you get stuck behind someone like Linden!
Costa Coffee Drive Thru Held Up for 1 Hour because of 50p
After a customer blocked a Costa Coffee drive thru for more than an hour because he was given the wrong drink, has been branded ‘spoilt child’ on social media.
Lynden shared his frustrations on Twitter after becoming angry with the poor customer service he received. He has since deleted his tweets, but initially posted, ‘I went to my local Costa drive thru and ordered a Cold Brew with regular sugar syrup. £.3.45. ‘What do I get? An Iced Americano. Without my syrup. So not only am I being ripped off I’m getting the wrong ingredients in my drink.’
After asking his server exactly what he had been given, he said that his server ‘bare faced lied’ and that it was a Cold Brew.
After speaking to the manager who said the same as the server, Lynden lost it and turned his car off in protest saying ‘NOBODY in this damn drive thru is moving until this is sorted’. The manager asked Lynden to leave, so he simply closed his window to wait for the Costa Coffee staff ‘sorted out their attitude.’
Lynden took to Twitter again, updating the world, ‘I’ve been sat in the drive thru in silence now for about 8 minutes as I watch the Costa people scurry around. The queues are now backing up outside the carpark, I’ve been fully looped. Current time in drive-thru: 28 minutes.’
The manager tries to appease Lynden and give him a Cold Brew, but Lynden is still not happy.
Demanding a refund, Lynden tells the manager who refuses his request, ‘I’m happy to round this up to the nearest hour’. Even when the drive thru manager offers him a pastry to say sorry for giving him the wrong drink in the first place, Lynden is still not happy and refuses the offer Tweeting, ‘Knowing my luck, You’ll promise a muffin and I’ll get a croissant.’
Lynden has now blocked the drive thru for 53 minutes and the drive thru manager offers Lynden a refund for the Iced Americano he had ordered. Yet Lynden is still not appeased asking, ‘Where the HELL is my other FIFTY PENCE,’ tweeting ‘I am absolutely raging. FIFTY THREE MINUTES FOR A PARTIAL REFUND ON A DRINK I DIDN’T ORDER.‘
The Costa Coffee drive thru manager tells Lynden that ‘he can only refund me for the drink that they’ve made incorrectly’, which for Lynden is simply unacceptable!
‘I let him know that it’s no problem, because I’ve actually ordered a Large Frosted Coffee topped with Gold Leaves and that I require a £27,000 refund.’
Obviously there is no appeasing Lynden at this point, so the manager asks for the incorrect drink back. Lynden takes exception at the request and decides to throw the drink back at the Costa Coffee drive thru staff.
Lynden took to Twitter saying, ‘The Manager gets his drink back as I THROW IT THROUGH THE WINDOW. Poorly made coffee. EVERYWHERE. ‘My final comment “I WILL SHUT THIS DRIVE THRU ALL DAY.’
Thankfully, after nearly 1 and ¼ hours Lynden finally decides to leave. Lynden’s final Tweet following the impromptu sit in was, ‘And that’s how my story of a cold brew closed a drive thru for over an hour’.
Lynden obviously thought that social media would back up his stance, but Twitter reacted differently to his tweets of the past hour with replies like:
‘You really need to get a grip you spoilt baby, and learn how to treat people (in poorly paid jobs) well, you obviously clearly have way too much time on your hands, this is such trash.’‘You literally threw a tantrum over a coffee, ruined those poor workers day, then came on twitter to brag about it.’
‘You seem really sad are you actually like, okay?’
‘This might be the most depressing thread I’ve ever laid my eyes on. You need help.’
So what did Lynden say? Nothing, he has deleted his Twitter account.
What’s the moral of this sorry story?
Try to be nice, and if you are given the wrong order and do not agree with what you are told, instead of holding up the queue for more than hour, simply park up, pop in and be reasonable. I am sure that this would have been sorted to Lynden’s satisfaction if he had simply treated the Costa Coffee drive thru staff like humans!