If you are crazy about coffee, chances are you love it not just as a drink but also a work of art. To enjoy coffee beverages with nice foamy toppings and cute drawings at home, you need a milk frother.
A milk frother is a tool with which you give your coffee that foamy topping. It aerates the milk by rapidly agitating it. This forms air bubbles within the milk and results in the foamy mixture which, if you desire, you can now draw on. Milk frothers are not useful for only coffee, you can use them for milkshakes and hot chocolates too.
Cappuccino makers generally come with steam-operated milk frothers. But if you don’t have one, you can enjoy the same effect with a milk frother! There are different types of milk frothers that you can choose from.
- Best Milk Frothers Reviews 2019
- Best Cheap Milk Frothers
- Milk Frother Makers and Brands
- Hand Pumps
- Motorised Whisk Frother
- Electric Frothers
- Epica Automatic Electric Milk Frother and Heater Carafe
- TECHO Best Handheld Milk Frother Wand with Stand
- Nespresso Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother
- Electric Milk Frother – Kuissential Slickfroth 2.0 Cappuccino Maker
- Breville BMF600XL Milk Cafe Milk Frother
- Vienne Automatic Milk Frother and Heater
- Factors to consider when buying a Milk Frother
Best Milk Frothers Reviews 2019
So, without taking up any more of your valuable time, let’s get through this list.
|Dualit 84800||Electric||Silver||1||More Details|
|Severin 117840B||Electric||White||1||More Details|
|Andrew James Dual Function||Electric||Black/Red||2||More Details|
|VonShef 13/085||Electric||Silver||1||More Details|
|Bialetti Tuttocrema BA008100||Jug||Black||1||More Details|
|Hostess HM250MA||Electric||Silver||1||More Details|
|Dualit 84145||Electric||Black||1||More Details|
|Judge JA90||Jug||Silver||1||More Details|
|Aerolatte 20 Mooo||Handheld||White||2||More Details|
1. Dualit 84800
Made out of stainless steel, it looks sleek and premium, and will fit into your kitchen quite easily. If you’ve used a Dualit product before, you will know how reliable and well-made they are. We found this to be the same with this frother.
If you’re after an indulgent cappuccino or a cup of luxurious hot chocolate, this provides the professional look you often see at expensive coffee shops.
It’s super easy to use, and requires no experience at all. In fact, with the click of a button, you will be making drinks like a professional barista. It’s very quick as well, and you can now get fresh froth on your coffee in a matter of minutes.
For example, with its patented dual function powerful motor, it can froth and heat roughly 200ml of milk in less than 2 minutes. That’s ideal if you quickly want to make some cappuccinos and leave a lasting impression when guests come over.
For those hot summer days, you can froth cold milk to create incredibly creamy and frothy milkshakes.
Best of all, you don’t even need to do anything. Just choose which type of drink you want, and the right speed will automatically be chosen for you.
Cleaning is quite easy as well due to the non-stick coating and removable whisk. As long as you follow the instructions, you shouldn’t have any problems with any left over residue. Just make sure to clean the container straight after usage and rinse out the whisk and lid.
Find best priceIt literally takes a few minutes to clean up, and is completely hassle free.
Having tested this for quite a long time, we can safely say that this is the best milk frother at this price and we highly recommend it.
The built-in frothing jug is detachable and made of stainless steel. It features a 360-degree connector that makes it very easy to use.
It looks fantastic, and has a large capacity. Saying that, it is still very compact so won’t take up much space on your kitchen counter.
The induction heating technology is a very innovate approach creating froth and works extremely well. It’s totally safe and lets you choose between 4 different temperature settings.
The built-in LED indicator lets you know which setting you’re using, and we found this feature to be quite helpful.
With a power rating of 500W, this Severin milk frother takes little to no time in frothing to perfection.
During the frothing process, it is possible to open the lid if you want to add in some chocolate powder or syrup.
With the jug being dishwasher safe, cleaning up afterwards is very easy and takes no time at all.
Find best priceWhether you like a hot cup of cappuccino or a lovely latte with froth, this delivers beautiful results and lets you enjoy barista style coffee from the comfort of your own home at very little cost.
Great guide of how to make a latte art heart
The techniques below are applicable to any frother you have, are super easy and look great.
This electric mini frother is no exception, and provides very good performance at a very low price.
It looks durable and very well made. The red coloured finish looks fantastic as well.
Storage is not an issue as this milk heater and frother is miniature, and will take up very little space.
Don’t let its size fool you though, because this is a powerful machine and has a 450-watt motor that works brilliantly.
With a capacity of 600ml, it can froth hot and cold milk in no time. If you’re not bothered about frothing, you can remove the frother attachment and just warm up to 300ml of milk.
It is incredibly easy to operate thanks to the one-touch system and automatic settings. It’s really as simple as putting in milk inside the jug, choosing your setting of choice and letting it run for a few minutes.
It’s also very easy to clean, thanks to the non-stick coated interior. This is a massive plus point since cleaning up is almost always the part that people hate.
Whether you’re planning to make barista style drinks or yummy ice-cold milkshakes, this is the best milk frother within its price range. It really is an absolute bargain. It produces smooth and creamy foam that looks professional in a matter of minutes.
Find best priceYou don’t need to be an expert either. If you can read instructions, you can make beautiful looking cappuccinos and hot chocolates.
If you regularly go to Starbucks or Costa, you probably spend around £4 for a cappuccino or latte. Considering the price of this machine, you will make your money back within a few weeks.
Best Cheap Milk Frothers
Just in case you didn’t know, Bialetti is very popular in Italy and is known for producing high quality products. Having tested the Tuttocrema ourselves, we found this to be highly accurate.
It’s very small but durable, and the classic design looks lovely.
More importantly, it offers brilliant performance. Within a few minutes, you can prepare creamy froth that looks fantastic and tastes delicious.
It’s very simple to use and requires little effort. You don’t need to warm the milk separately. You can do it straight on a gas, electric or ceramic stovetop and choose your preferred temperature. Then just remove it and keep pumping the plunger. It might be a bit of manual work but within a few minutes, you have perfect creamy froth to put in your cappuccino or hot chocolate.
If you like your milk to be velvety, then just swirl it in the jug and pour it out. It’s very easy and anyone can do it at minimal cost thanks to the Tuttocrema.
Find best priceCleaning is simple and takes just 5 minutes. This is mainly due to the non-stick interior, which prevents any residue from being left over. It is technically dishwasher safe but we still recommend washing it by hand. It only takes 5 minutes and requires very little effort.
The Bialetti Tuttocrema is definitely the best milk frother at this price. Honestly, it is ridiculously cheap and you will realise how good it actually is when you see the results in person.
However, we urge you not to make your decision solely on price. This is still a top quality product and we’re going to explain why.
Firstly, when it comes to milk frothers, Aerolatte is one of the most popular brands in the UK and worldwide market.
It is known for using innovative techniques in order to produce products that are cost effective but work brilliantly.
Their frothers are completely steam-free and use an interesting whisk-head instead. Basically, you would warm up your milk in the microwave or cooktop as normal. Then, you place this handheld whisk-head straight into the jug and let it run.
In less than 30 seconds, it turns into beautifully rich and thick foam. It is so simple, and produces delicious results.
We were shocked as to how quick it was and couldn’t quite believe how cheap this handheld milk frother was. It really is ideal for someone who wants posh coffee and hot chocolate drinks quickly but doen’t want to spend money daily at Starbucks or Costa.
Best of all, it’s very easy to clean and takes just a couple of minutes.
Find best priceYou also get a handy travel storage case, which is a nice addition. Just remember that this device is battery operated. While it does come with 2 AA batteries, we know some people would prefer not to deal with the hassle of changing batteries. You can always buy some rechargeable batteries though.
If you’re not too bothered about that, we highly advise you to look into this product further. It is extremely cheap but offers excellent performance.
Fixing your Milk Frother
If you accidentally drop your Aerolatte milk frother on a hard floor, it might come apart, exactly as ours did this morning. Don’t panic, we can fix it and put it back together in just a couple of minutes. Take a look at the easy to follow video below and you will be frothing milk in no time!
Milk Frother Makers and Brands
Let’s now look at some brands of milk frothers in the market. Note that the brands I mentioned here are in no particular order.
A hand pump milk frother has a plunger attached to a mesh screen. The plunger then depresses inside a stainless steel cup. It is a manual device so you need some effort to be able to create the amount of foam you may need.
Hand pumps are affordable and easy to use. They are easy to clean and most are dishwasher safe. You may buy this type if you live alone and don’t need to make more than 2 cups of coffee at a time.
Motorised Whisk Frother
These are hand-held electric devices that operate much the same way the hand pump versions do. You have a small whisk or propeller attached to the end of the milk frother. When turned on, the attachment rapidly turns and froths the milk. Motorized whisks are easier to use and can make many cups of coffee. They can, however, scratch or chip the inside of ceramic cups if not handled with care and have no steaming feature.
These types of frothers usually look like a small food processor. They froth a larger amount of milk than the other types so when you need to make a large batch, they are your best option. They are very fast and expensive.
With so much choice available on the market, it can be difficult at time to distinguish between the good quality and poor quality products.
Well, we have tested a wide range of products and have compiled a list of the products that we thought performed brilliantly and offered the best value for money.
Epica Automatic Electric Milk Frother and Heater Carafe
- This milk frother machine is fast and gives you a wide range to choose from. You can choose to make a cappuccino, a latte, or an iced drink as it has options for hot milk, hot froth, and cold froth. Epica is so versatile that you can use it with different kinds of milk with wonderful results. So whether your poison is regular milk, low-fat milk, almond milk, or soy milk; the Epica has got you covered.
TECHO Best Handheld Milk Frother Wand with Stand
- This portable hand-held milk frother is battery-operated. This stainless steel powerhouse can be used in whisking milkshakes, dressings, soups, creams, and eggs apart from your coffee milk. It is also very fast, with the touch of a button, you have your milk froth in 20 seconds. TECHO works well with both warm and cold milk.
- When you buy this milk frother, you get a bonus in form of a cleaning brush and a stand.
Nespresso Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother
- Don’t let the name scare you off. This is a quality milk frother with rave reviews online. It has a maximum capacity of 250ml for hot milk preparation and 130ml for froth preparation. It has a detachable base that makes it easy to clean and store. Nespresso is quick, silent, and works with different types of milk.
Electric Milk Frother – Kuissential Slickfroth 2.0 Cappuccino Maker
- If you love to travel with your milk frother, this is a great one to consider. It is a hand-held, battery-operated milk frother with a whisking head and stainless steel stem. Use it in making cappuccinos, lattes, hot chocolates, and milkshakes.
Breville BMF600XL Milk Cafe Milk Frother
- This has two separate discs – one for lattes and the other for cappuccinos. Choose the appropriate disc for your preferred drink at any time. If you just want to heat milk without the fear of it getting scalded, this milk frother will do the trick. The Breville is dishwasher-safe.
Vienne Automatic Milk Frother and Heater
- This has a sleek stainless steel housing with a removable canister and see-through lid. Useful for both hot and cold beverages, it has great customer reviews. The Vienne works with fat-rich as well as lactose-free milk.
Factors to consider when buying a Milk Frother
Now that you know the types of milk frothers out there, let’s look at the things you need to consider before making your choice.
- The type: It is important that you decide on the type you want to buy. This decision should be based on what is right for you. How many cups of latte or cappuccino do you make daily? Do you have the patience and energy that a hand pump requires? Are there other drinks that you will be using it for? Once you answer these questions, you will know the best type for you.
- The capacity: How many cups of milk can it froth at a time? The capacity of what you buy will depend on the number of cups you need per time.
- Portability: Do you travel a lot and may need to take it with you? Think about how easy it will be to carry if you are going for a weekend in that cabin and you don’t want to do without your latte. If you don’t intend to travel with it, you need not consider this factor.
- How easy it is to use: If you lead a very busy life and can’t afford to get engaged in complicated settings, you may want a milk frother that could be easily operated. You may want to buy one with separate buttons for heating, frothing, etc.
- Customer Reviews: Why make the same mistake someone already made? When you go online to check for customer reviews about a particular product, you are less likely to buy a flawed product. See what people have to say about a product’s performance before buying it. It may even make you consider a product you had assumed would not suit you.
- Price: You may feel that I should have put this point as the first. After all, without the purchasing power, there can be no milk frother. Let me tell you that even when you are on a budget, you can still get quality milk frothers at affordable prices.