Budget does not mean bad, or at least the best budget coffee machines we have chosen below are all exceptionally good at what they do. Ideal as both your main machine for coffee and other drinks or as a second for the office or elsewhere.
1000’s of people use these every day including me, and you will not be disappointed by taking a look at the cheap coffee machine options. Remember, cheap price, does not have to mean cheap quality, if you know which coffee machines to look for.
Let us help with our top 15 list.
- Quiet brew technology
- Large 12 cup capacity
- Glass Carafe
- [SUPER PUMPING SYSTEM] Built around a newly patented pumping system and no battery/electric need, the Nanopresso is powerful. With the help of your hands, a maximum of 18 bars (261 PSI) of stable...
- [EASIER THAN EVER] The Nanopresso works best with all varieties of ground coffee. Add the boiling water to its tank and pump manually, it is delightfully easy to operate and easy to prepare your...
- [SMALLEST AND LIGHTEST] Nanopresso's ergonomic design and shorter length makes it your travel companion of choice. Nanopresso is engineered to be extremely light. Yet, designed to go wherever you go,...
- Easy to use - fully automatic drink preparation with a press of a button
- Enjoy more than 35 drinks varieties from famous brands
- No heat up time after switch-on; ready to start your drink instantly
- Brews smooth, perfect coffee every time
- Lightweight and portable, making it perfect for camping and holidays
- Micro-Filtered for grit free coffee
- Modern and appealing design and Power:Mains electrical three pin plug power source 1250W 230V
- No contact between the machine and coffee inside the capsule for a clean system
- 28cm W x 33.5cm D x 32cm H
- 【Lightweight And Portable】With streamlined and compact design,Portable Coffee Maker can be placed in easily in a cup holder or bottle holder in a backpack so it will be your perfect partner when...
- 【15 Bars Pressure One-Button Operation】When using hot water, after pressing the button for 5 seconds, you can get the aromatic coffee. When using cold water, press the button for 2 seconds to...
- 【Efficient And Practical】Portable Coffee Maker can be placed in a cup holder or bottle holder in a backpack easily .Equipped with a Car charger(12V 7A) and home charger(12V 2A),it can be charged...
- Ideal results every time: Freshly brewed, full-bodied coffee with a generous crema even in a large cup
- Simple one-touch operation prepares four cup sizes; each machine includes a welcome set with 12 large Nespresso VertuoLine capsules containing individual aromas
- Enhanced Centrifusion and Barcode technology adjusts the brewing parameters to each coffee blend and capsule size (three capsule sizes; capsules are not compatible with Nespresso Original system)
- Very fast heat up time; 3 seconds
- Large selection of different coffees to choose from (Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte Macchiato etc.)
- Available settings: 3 coffee volume settings (from 25 to 150 ml), 8 milk texture/froth settings (from 2 to 30 mm) and 11 milk temperature settings (from 56 to 76°C)
- Super compact to fit into the smallest of kitchens - finished in a stylish shade of red
- Efficient - with just the touch of a button, this coffee maker jumps into life
- Removable water tank - To minimise refilling, Lavazza have installed a generous 600ml tank
- Types of coffee options: Espresso, Lungo, one touch Cappuccino and Latte Macchiato
- One touch fresh milk solution
- Digital Display
- Precise, automatic dose control
- Dedicated espresso, lungo, cappuccino and latte settings
- Built in milk frother with jug, cold, frothed milk option for milkshakes
- Ultra-compact design: Very small footprint 33 cm x 8.4 cm x 20.4 cm (L x W x H), easy to place and move in the kitchen/house
- Easy controls: Two programmable options for espresso or lungo with automatic flow-stop
- High-tech: 19-bar high-performance pump and fast heat-up in only 25 seconds. Cable Length: 0.8 Meter
- Automatic play and select coffee machine
- Maximum 15 bar pump pressure for coffee shop quality
- Over 30 varieties of hot and cold drinks
- Maximum 15 bar pump pressure for coffee shop quality
- Over 30 varieties of hot and cold drinks
- Easy to use and clean, 2 Year Guarantee
- Wake up with a mild or strong cup of coffee rich in flavour, Indicator on water tank for 10 large cups (125ml) or 15 small cups (85 ml)
- Exceptional taste: Optimal temperature preparation, Adjustable coffee intensity thanks to Aroma Selector, Programmable hot coffee (20, 40 or 60 min), Borosilicate glass Jug
- Have your coffee ready at the right time thanks to the Timer Feature, Anti-drip system, Compatible with 1 x 4 filters, Time display, Storage in base for adjustable cable length, Handle, Stainless...
- Best Cheap Coffee Maker
- Best Budget Coffee Machine
Best Cheap Coffee Maker
Yes, its true, these coffee makers are not the fancy bean to cup coffee machines which make coffee shop barista quality coffee, but what they are is excellent in their own right. A cheap coffee maker is perfect when all you need is a quick latte, cappuccino, or americano as you rush out the door to work, and these budget machines do that and more.
1. DeLonghi Nescafe Dolce Gusto Mini Me
Currently the best machine on the market in the budget price range. This pod coffee maker is an excellent example of great coffee for a great price. The Delonghi NESCAFE Dolce Gusto Mini Me is stylish and compact, but don’t let its size fool you. With a maximum 15 bar pump pressure it is able to create drinks with full bodied flavour and a silky crema finish. Everything is designed to be just like you would enjoy in your local shop.
The capsules are sealed once the roast has been ground to deliver to you a full flavour and attractive aroma. With a wide range of drinks to choose from including ground and roast coffees, hot chocolate drinks and Costa and Starbucks specialties, this machine will soon be your most valuable friend.
Find best priceThe volume selector on the Delonghi NESCAFE Dolce Gusto Mini Me allows you to tailor the strength of your drink to just the way you like it. Use the recommendation on the pod or select the amount of water to use to make your perfect coffee – Click here for the full review
2. DeLonghi Nescafe Dolce Gusto Jovia
With up to a maximum 15 bar pump pressure, the classy and compact Delonghi Dolce Gusto Jovia not only looks stylish but it also creates quality drinks extremely quickly. The maximum 15 bar pressure pump is used for delivering delicious drinks just like you will find in your local shop.
Find best priceTo ensure maximum freshness and great tasting drinks, the pods are sealed after the roast has been ground to provide you with a delicious aroma and full flavour, every single pod, every single time. With a great choice of flavours, from hot chocolate, team and of course not forgetting all the variations of coffee, there is no need to go to your local shop ever again. Not when you can get the same at home for a fraction of the price.
The Delonghi NESCAFE Dolce Gusto can create beverages with the aim of having no mess and no fuss for you. Because the grinds stay in the pod cleaning is minimal – Click here for the full review
3. Bosch Tassimo Joy 2
Maximum enjoyment is guaranteed with a range of drinks at the push of a button from the unique Bosch TASSIMO pod coffee & espresso machines and now with a better, newer look. For more information on the Tassimo pod system and how to buy them cheaply, please take a look at our cheap Tassimo pods guide.
The Bosch TASSIMO Joy (T43) pod maker is reliable, innovative and designed for easy brewing, either in the Clear White or the Intense Black colours. Creating drinks with this pod machine is very easy thanks to INTELLIBREW TM: just insert the T DISC and press the button and you’re all ready to go.Find best price
Prepare the perfect cup with ease using the Bosch Tassimo Joy and make your family smile with joy from the perfect cup, day after day, cup after cup – Click here for the full review
4. Bosch Tassimo Vivy
Measuring just 17 cm in width, the Bosch Tassimo Vivy in black easily slides into any hard to fit space. Once you’ve found the right spot, simply choose your favourite T DISC, pop it in and let Intellibrew technology brew a tasty drink in minutes.
The Bosch Tassimo Vivy is suitable for any lifestyle, with morning brews and afternoon pick me ups just as you like it, in no time at all. Plus, with an automatic self-cleaning function, the Bosch Tassimo Vivy is always ready for your next brew, whenever you are.
Find best pricePrepare the perfect cup with ease using the Bosch Tassimo Vivy pod machine and make your family smile with joy from the perfect cup, day after day, cup after cup – Click here for the full review
5. Aerobie AeroPress
The Aerobie AeroPress is a revolutionary new way to make perfect coffee every time and one of the best coffee makers available on the market. It really is so simple to use that once you own an AeroPress you won’t want to go back to instant or using high end machines.
The AeroPress produces a smooth rich flavoured brew with low acidity and no bitterness, thanks to the way it harnesses air pressure.
Find best priceOther machines drip hot water on to a bed of ground beans which results in over extracting the flavour at the centre and under extracting from the edges, so you waste your beans and do not get a true flavour, but the AeroPress brewing system extracts flavour from the whole of the ground beans providing the ultimate full flavour. – Click here for the full review
Best Budget Coffee Machine
If you are looking for the best budget coffee machine on the market, these pod coffee machines are truly superb at the coffee they produce, as is the Aeropress, and Nanopresso. So if you want a step up from instant coffee, to something that produces better tasting drinks, then these budget coffee machines are what you need.
Who should buy a budget coffee maker
Do you want a good pot of coffee every time, or are you looking at quickly making a cappuccino, latte or espresso at the touch of a button, but do not want to spend a fortune? Then a cheap coffee maker is what you need in your life. It may not make coffee which rivals that of Starbucks or Costa Coffee, but it will give you your fix in the morning and get you out the door to work.
It should be added that espresso machines these days can take coffee pods, which are packs of pre-prepared ground coffee that you can just pop into the machine. While this simplifies some of the issues above it does narrow the choice of coffee you have and the control over the brewing process.
If you do not have the time to grind your coffee fresh when you wake up, pod and capsule machines are a great alternative and offer a huge variety of drink choices. They are also perfect for when you have friends over.
Have you considered a pod coffee machine?
A pod or capsule system could be the answer if you’re looking for something simpler to use and faster for your morning coffee. These machines are becoming increasingly popular and offer good quality coffee in the simplest and cheapest way, making them ideal for the busy modern home.
They also provide great variety as you can choose from a host of different drink capsules, from cappuccinos and lattes to hot chocolate and tea. These machines have their own range of capsules which are specifically made for that particular system.
How do they work?
A sealed amount of ground coffee is contained in each capsule which is simply popped into the machine, which in turn usually reads a bar-code on the capsule and then produces the drink through a set of pre-programmed stages. Everything is very neat, easy, and clean.
Then simply remove the capsule from the machine after use and throw it away.
Automatic coffee machines
There are many well known producers of this type of machine such as Tassimo (Bosch), Dolce Gusto (Krups), and Senseo (Philips). They all offer a more affordable option than the last type we’ll look at – automatic bean-to-cup machines.
How do they work?
Automatic bean-to-cup machines are pretty self-explanatory, they produce coffee directly from coffee beans. Also, as the name suggests, all this is taken care of by the machine. All you have to do is load the hopper on top of the machine with the coffee beans of your choice, program the machine with your personal preferences, and the machine does the rest – from grinding the beans, measuring the correct amount of grounds, tamping the grounds, extracting the beverage with a professional 15 bar (or higher) pressure, and even frothing milk if necessary.
In essence you get the best of both worlds – the convenience of a capsule machine AND the quality of an espresso machine all rolled into one.
What is the down side?
The only negative is the price-tag. High-end machines like the Jura S can set you back a pretty penny, while the popular De’Longhi Prima Donna and Magnifica models, while still expensive, wil cost considerably less. The Krups Espresseria EA8080 offers great value at a similar price to a top of the range espresso maker.
So you pay your money and take your choice, but with so much choice on offer there really is something for every taste and every budget
Russell Hobbs Bean to Cup Coffee Machine
However, with that being said, the Russell Hobbs Chester Grind and Brew Coffee Machine 22000 is an outstanding bean to pot coffee machine, at a truly budget price So fresh ground coffee is available to everyone, no matter how big their wallet is.
To be honest, I still cannot believe that you can get this quality at this price, so whilst it is on sale, you really should get one. You can thank me later!
Disposable Coffee Makers
Lets be honest, cheap coffee makers which are mass produced have a limited shelf life. For companies to be able to sell them at such low prices, they have to cut corners on materials and features, so expect some of the cheapest models to last no longer than their one or two year warranty periods.
This should not put you off buying a cheap Tassimo pod machine or Dolce Gusto capsule coffee maker, but you need to ensure your expectations are aligned to your budget.
Extend the Life of your Budget Coffee Machines
To help you get a few more years out of your cheap pod coffee machines, we have put together some troubleshooting guides for Tassimo, Nespresso and Keurig, which address the most common faults and how to fix them yourself.